You can do your manicure and pedicure at home without having to go to the salon all the time especially when you don’t have time to visit the salon or you are not financially buoyant. To make it look perfect like the ones done at the salon, you can follow the tips below:
- Clean your nails with nail polish remover. Just soak the cotton wool with a little nail polish remover as they dry out nails, so be careful not to use too much on your nails.
- File your nails afterwards. Don’t use a metal file because they can damage nails. File to any shape you like, rounded or square nail shape.
- Soak your hands and feet in warm water. Soak the hands for 3 minutes and the feet for 5 minutes because the toe nails are thicker. Then exfoliate the dead cells by using a salt scrub. Mix 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and gently use to scrub your hands and your feet. You can also use a pumice stone to scrub your feet to remove dead skin cells.
- Trim your nails with a nail cutter and remove the dirt in the corners of your nails after soaking in water as the nails are softer then but take care not to cut the toe nails too short to avoid ingrown nails.
- Soften your cuticles by moisturizing it, this can be done using your hand cream.
You can now proceed to painting your nails. Apply a base coat first, then add two thin layers of paint and finish up with a top coat to give the nails an extra shine. Make sure each layer of paint dries before adding another layer of
paint on it.
When you are done with the manicure and pedicure, let your nail polish dry. You can do this by filling your sink with cold water and dipping your finger nails in it or just take a few minutes to rest so that your nails can get dried.