Lack of confidence can cause self doubt and negativity and this could be as a result of bad experiences some people have gone through. Confidence is a skill that can be mastered if you are willing to learn and practice. By following these tips, you should be able to build on your self confidence with practice.
Tips for Building Self Confidence.
1. Think Positively. Start with positive thinking in your mind. In situations where you feel your confidence slipping away, close your eyes, take a deep breadth and speak positively to your self in your mind.
2. Make eye contact with people when you are talking to them. The message this sends to the person you are talking to is that you are interested in the conversation, you respect them and you acknowledge their presence.
3. Dress well as this makes you feel good about yourself. This doesn’t mean you have to wear expensive clothes to feel confident, all you need do is make sure your clothes are neat and comfortable on you.
4. Do some exercise as it is important for a positive outlook on life. You don’t need to engage yourself in any complex exercise. A simple walk around your neighborhood will leave you feeling better and uplifted than when you started.
5. Surround yourself with good friends who bring out the best in you and do away with those ones that bring you
down. Good friends make you feel like the best version of yourself all the time. Therefore, take time to think about those people that make you feel good and let them be the ones you spend your time with.
6. When you fail, pick yourself up and try again. This is the only way to build yourself, at one point or the other, people experience setbacks, it is your ability to get up that builds your confidence.