Arthritis is a disease that causes pain and inflammation of the joint in different areas of the body. This disease can affect people of all age group and also children.
Symptoms of Arthritis.
The symptoms of arthritis includes the following:
1. Joint pain and stiffness especially in the morning.
2. Redness of the skin
3. Swelling of the joints
4. Tiredness and loss of appetite
5. Feverish condition
6. Loss of appetite.
Types of arthritis
There are different types of arthritis but the two most common type are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
1. Osteoarthritis: This form of arthritis is caused by wear and tear where cartilage tissue breakdown naturally and can be triggered by an infection to the bone or joints.
2. Rheumatoid Arthritis: Causes destruction of bone and cartilage in the joint. This type of arthritis causes the immune system to attack affected joint causing pain and swelling.
Treatment of Arthritis
1. Arthritis has no cure, but there are several treatments available for people suffering from it.
These include pain medications: like Tylenol and Vicodin
2. Non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs for pain and inflammation such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
3. Exercise can be done to strengthen the muscles of the affected area.
4. Surgery might be carried out to replace the joint with an artificial one
Whichever treatment option given to a patient will depend on factors such as the type of arthritis, age, medical history and the severity of the symptoms.