It is a natural phenomenon that as we grow older, our hair starts turning grey. For some people, the grey hair starts showing at an early age while the majority gets it at an older age.
While there’s nothing that can be done to stop it, there are natural methods of delaying grey hair from setting in soon.
As we grow older, we tend to produce less melanin which is responsible for giving hair its natural colour.
What causes Grey Hair.
Grey hair can be as a result of so many factors which include the following:
3. Poor nutrition
4. Poor hair management
Natural Remedies for Reducing Grey Hair.
Make a paste with henna powder and black tea and leave it overnight for the dye in it to be released. Apply the paste on your hair and scalp in the morning and cover with a cap for a minimum of four hours before washing it off. Do this once a week to reverse grey hair.
2. Tea Rinse-> Make a cup of black tea with two or more teabags depending on how long your hair is. Spray this on your hair and scalp and massage coconut oil into it. Cover this with a plastic bag for an hour and wash off with shampoo. Do this twice a month to darken grey hair.
3. Coconut oil-> Massage coconut oil on your scalp and hair on a daily basis to prevent grey hair.
4. Curry Leaves. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a handful of curry leaves and boil till it becomes black. Strain the oil and massage on scalp and hair twice a week.
5. Ginger-> Grate fresh ginger and mix with a tablespoon of honey. Take daily to avoid going grey.
6. Aloe Vera-> Open a fresh aloe vera leave and bring out the pulp. Mash it or blend it and add coconut oil. Apply to your hair for 15 minutes before washing off. You can do this once a week to prevent premature greying of hair.
7. Onion-> Blend fresh onions and sieve out the pulp to get the juice. Apply the juice on your scalp to deal with the problem of grey hair.
You don’t have to use all of this natural products at once, try them out at different times to determine the one that works best for you. Also avoid using chemical dyes to colour grey hair as they contain toxic chemicals that can cause further damages to the hair.