ESSENTIAL FACTS ABOUT NLNG BONNY
The Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) plant is one of the government’s biggest investment in Rivers state, Nigeria. The company’s main business interest is in the production Of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) which it exports to various countries across the globe. In this post we are going to learn more about this massive plant in Rivers state and its major contribution to the people of Bonny Island. Some important features of the company include;
- The company was incorporated on the 17th May 1989 to tap into the vast natural gas resources in Rivers state
- It was built in Finima, Bonny Island, Rivers State.
- The company currently has 6 operational trains.
- It has a production capacity of 22 million metric tonnes per annum of Liquefied Natural Gas and 5 metric tonnes per annum of Gas Natural Liquids.
- The company is currently building its seventh train which will increase the production to 30 million tonnes of Liquid Natural Gas per annum.
- The shareholders of the company include the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (49%), Shell (25.6), Total LNG Nigeria Ltd (15%) and Eni (10.4%).
- The company has two subsidiaries: Bonny Gas Transport (BGT) Limited and NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML).
- It is responsible for supplying over 80% of the domestic cooking gas consumed in the country.